Thursday, August 16, 2012

happy as a sunflower

Check out this (above) photo. I took this photo with my camera phone on Salisbury beach. It is a seahorse kite! How cool is that!??!
The beach has kite flying displays and I'm guessing the kite clubs have competitions on occasion.
Isn't summer time on the beach the BEST!?!?
I've been to the beach just about every single day AND swimming in the ocean. I am certainly getting my exercise  because I take my bike to the beach to go swimming.
Everything about the summer is awesome!
The food.
Blueberries, watermelon, peaches, dairy queen ice cream, beach pizza, hot dogs, potato salad, tomatoes, and fresh herbs...OH BOY!
The clothes.
Bathing suits, high heeled platform sandals, linen and cotton fabrics,  tank tops with bright BRIGHT colors! Oh how I love bright happy colors! Lime green, tangerine, lemon yellow, bubble gum pink, aqua and lavender!
No socks and bulky coats.
And of course all the activities.
Scuba diving, bike riding, jogging, swimming, bird watching, boating, BBQs, exploring outdoor antique markets, vegetable gardening, and afternoon tea on the patio.
Isn't it great when it is light out in the morning at 5:30am? Fresh air blowing in the window? Hanging your clothes outside?Seeing ducks with their babies? Checking out  pretty flower gardens? Rain on a hot august night?
When I am not sick, I enjoy every day in the summer as if it is my last.
Eat those chocolate chip cookies slowly to savor the flavor!

2 comments:

  1. And taking care of birds and turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things are scuba diving, gauze clothing, sun showers, and Italian Ice! Hot dogs on the grill are pretty good too. :o)

    ReplyDelete