Monday, August 6, 2012

dive #870 & 871 August 5 2012

Hot, hazy and humid. Perfect day to be in the water.
I was sick on saturday. The migraine monster grabbed me out of nowhere and took me down. I wasn't sure if I was going to get up out of bed, never mind being on a boat in the bright light and heat.
A double dose of zomig and two seasick pills got me up. I figured a cold water submersion would help pull me out of the haze.
Dive #870 August 5 2012 -Gulley point.
Fred, Chris and Pete were in charge. Larient onboard as helpful as always. We had Jackie K, Gary from the froggies and Zaza as Chris's student.
 I followed Chris and Zaza as a back-up. It was a nice and relaxing dive. The water was cold, shockingly cold, at 52F at just 20 feet. It was jolting because of saturday, the shallow water temp at Salisbury beach was a comfy 64F. However, this what the doctor ordered. Thankfully, the migraine slipped away.
Zaza did A-ok. She seemed comfortable underwater. We came up to refresh her tank and a bite to eat. I brought a pile of extra sandwiches which was a good thing. Everyone was hungry and even the spinach sandwiches tasted like heaven.
Dive #871-Gulley point
Since it was a long boat drive out to Gulley point, the captain made the call to stay here since the viz was pretty decent. I was perfectly happy staying here. Chris reviewed skills underwater and I followed suit-even though my teeth were chattering from the cold.We saw a tautaog, star fish, crabs and a monster lobster in a trap.It was most likely a female.
Boat traffic was pretty heavy. Everyone and their mother had the same idea to be out at sea. Yup, that is what summer is all about.
Good fun.
*I found this photo on the internet. I am guessing the lobster we saw had claws that big.

1 comment:

  1. It was a super day, V. We had tons of fun in the sun. I'm a tad sun-burned, but unbeaten.

    Your sandwiches were delicious. I think I tasted dill in mine. What a surprise!

    ReplyDelete