Friday, July 13, 2012

tattoo you part 2

It's been really hot so after I finish up with taking care of my animals and doing my chores I head for the beach. When I take my bike to the beach I go to the public beach rather than the state beach because it is a little closer.
The public beach is "different" than the state beach.
The state beach seems to be more 'family' oriented. It cost $9.00 to park there (or $35.00 for a yearly beach pass. I've already got my money's worth using my pass in May alone) They have a nice picnic area and clean bathrooms.You do have to get there early because the three parking lots fill up quickly in July and August..
The public beach has some metered parking and a municipal parking lot cost about $10.00 to park. Here is where you see a lot of teenagers and assorted "colorful characters", I think, you get a different crowd because of the arcades,activities, pizza shops and bars.
I like to go to both beaches for different reasons.
If you like to 'people watch' then the public beach is the place to go.
 I've heard people call this beach  "tattoo beach" or "tramp stamp beach" because it seems like everyone, young and old,  sports a tattoo.
I can't help myself staring sometimes because of some of the sights I see at the beach.
Seriously, it is like going to the zoo.
Yesterday for instance, I saw a very large girl perched on her beach chair eating a huge slice of pizza wearing a very tiny bikini top revealing two large stars poking out under her barely there triangle top covering her "extremely ample bosom".  Seriously, I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head from staring.
Another girl laying on her stomach had large angel wings carved on her back.
Some "tats" identify where the person is from. I see a lot of "B"s (Boston Red Sox) insignias. I see some Yankee baseball team symbols  as well . I also see maple leafs from Canadian visitors.Some have armed forces insignias or "911" memorials with USA flags.
As an observation, I see a lot of religious symbols on latinos as well as pictures of their kids or a loved one (perhap a brother who passed away) on their arms and back.
Older ladies will have small tattoos of either a flower or butterfly on their ankle or chest.Although, yesterday I saw one heavy set elderly woman with an anchor on her upper arm (like the kind you used to see sailors wear) She actually looked kind of scary.
"Wise guys" have the most amusing tattooes. I am guessing they either get them on a dare or when they were really really drunk. (see above* Aren't they just awful?)
I tease my husband saying he needs a tattoo to fit in with the crowd.
Perhaps he'll get a fierce budgie or a wide eyed Japanese anime pigeon.
HA!

1 comment:

  1. *I had to get rid of that cat fanny tattoo photo. it was grossing me out....

    ReplyDelete