Monday, July 30, 2012

Mickey

 jenday conure

Orange fronted conure

                                                                                      " Mickey"



I just got a new bird boarder to stay with us this week. A client was taking care of "Mickey" on a temporary basis while her friend who owned him was at the hospital.
Sadly, the owner suddenly passed away due to complications.
It is sad all around because Mickey is now in ownership limbo of where he will now live. Mickey's foster care-takers are on vacation so that is how Mickey is with me now.They have a little parrolette.
I was told Mickey was a jenday conure. When he arrived, I almost burst out laughing. As you can see with the above( first photo) of what a jenday looks like, and she doesn't look like that at all.
She looks more like an orange-fronted conure (second photo) . Not that it makes any difference what kind of conure she is but I found it odd. I must say I am glad she isn't a sun conure.
Sun conures are extremely loud. Their shrieks can break glass.
Mickey vocalizes but not any louder or obnoxious than  "Patches" does. He is a sweet calm bird. He also says,"it's ok". I just hope he doesn't pick up any of "Whooks" expressions like "You're a F*&^ing pain" "JEEESUS CHRIIST!" The other birds don't seem to mind him either.
I put in a kleenex box with nuts in it for him to play with. Birds love to wreck things so a kleenex box is a fun toy.He had veggies and rice for breakfast. Of course, my birds got jealous of this culinary concoction so I had to make them some of this too.
I just hope Mickey finds a nice" forever home" because he is a lovely parrot.

1 comment:

  1. He/she is very pretty. The eye looks penetrating and intense.

    ReplyDelete