Wednesday, July 11, 2012

beach bums

OK I did not take these photos above.
 I found them on a website of "funny beach photos".
 These were the GP-13 ones! However, with that being said I've seen sights like this on both at Salisbury beach and Hampton beach on a regular basis. Tourists are kind of funny.
Last week I had a week off of dog walking so instead of going somewhere I had a "staycation".
Seriously, you can have your Hawaii and Bahamas.
I live in the best place in the world!
Our tourist season only lasts for only two months so during this time you savor your beach time like you slowly eat that gourmet chocolate chip cookie.
Yes, it can be crowded and congested with tourists during this time but for most small business owners in this area we need all the business we can get. We live in a "service" oriented community .
So in order to avoid the mid-day traffic, I just hop on my bike and head for the beach.
It is F*&^ing wonderful.!!!!
I've been in water almost everyday.
Fourth of July my brother came up with his family.
We had a frickin' blast.
I'd spend the afternoon at the beach and in the evening, I get to spend time with my birds. I set up a basin so they could make a mess and splash around. They love being out and about.
The weekends are topped off with scuba diving with friends and dining at my favorite Indian restaurant.
Seriously, who doesn't love the beach?

3 comments:

  1. Today I felt like a tourist. We had a picnic supper overlooking Smith Cove in East Gloucester. BLT and veggie burger sandwiches (guess who had which) with Moxie and lemonade (guess who had which). 74 degrees with a light sea breeze and a high tide made it picture perfect. Why go anywhere else for a vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds wonderful :-)
    I just love doing stuff like that!
    OMG MOXIE!?! I haven't had one of those in years! Believe it or not I use to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it, V. I totally believe it.

    ReplyDelete