Monday, July 9, 2012

dive # 866 & 867 July 8 2012

Dive # 866 & 867 July 8 2012
What a super day to be out-especially scuba diving!
We ventured out to Thatcher's Island which has had  passing torpedo rays.Chris reported that the day before they had seen one.We were hoping to be that lucky.
We had Fred, Chris, and Pete as crew. Lareint was aboard, as helpful as always. We also had a boat load of ladies out for a  "wicked cool" day of diving, as we say in Boston. Every one of these ladies is an experienced long time diver . Jackie K, Diane K, Myanna and Linda G.
Linda G presented Fred with a framed copy from her log book dating back thirty years ago when she first joined Fred diving. When I got home my curiosity peaked to when I had first joined Fred and company.
*(It was dive #88 & 89 on Aug 14 1994 at Mitchell's rock. Eighteen years ago? Wow, time flies! There is where I got hooked onto "force fins". Ah, the rest is history.)
Lareint spotted a seal poking his head out of the water.The water viz was clear with a slight current.
At 20 feet it was a friggin' freezing 52F! I stayed close to the boat looking for the torpedo ray without any luck. There were schools of pollack and some big lobsters
On the second dive, Chris moved the boat across from Thatcher's to Loblolly cove.
I had about 800psi left so I figured I could still log a dive. I knew I would'nt stay down long since I was pretty chilled. The viz was really clear. It is a pretty sight with it's rock formations and gullys.
What another great day to live in New England!


1 comment: