Monday, July 16, 2012

filling up that bucket list

I was hanging out with my cousin and her pal "Susan". Susan is very social able, funny and easy to talk to. We were talking about our 'bucket lists" of things to do.
As far of travel destinations I've pretty much done all the top ten things. I do not travel well anymore so long arduous trips are out for me.
There is the one thing I still haven't done and I still really would like to do.
I WANT TO DRIVE A CORVETTE!.
Seriously, a corvette is my ultimate dream car ever since I was a little kid.
My father even bought me a picture book of all corvettes (I still have that book)
My husband suggested to me to rent one at the NE dragway in Laconia but that is not what I want to do.
 I don't want to race around in a stupid track. Besides, I hate going fast. That just seems pointless.
I want to drive it through Hampton like those old scroggie ass-h*les you see.
 I want to pick my father up all dressed up and go to dairy queen.
Seriously.
A day cruise in a cool car.
That's all.
I've only found one "dream car" rental place all the way in Worcester, but that is too far. I don't want to go on the highway.
 I just want to cruise the coast line nice and slow, savoring it as if I am enjoying the last gourmet chocolate chip cookie in the bag.
I'm still researching my options....
hmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. What? Don't pay for that! Go to a dealership and "test" drive one! I've driven tons of dream cars, from those soul sucking BMW's to ultra luxury Mercedes, to fast and fatal Ferrari. All for free. When ever I felt that need to drive something fast, I'd head over to the auto mile, and just pick one. If the sales guy wanted to come for the ride, I'd tell him that I wouldn't even consider buying a car from a guy who wouldn't let me drive it by myself. If they insisted, I'd just move on to the next place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what my brother suggested.

    ReplyDelete