Sunday, July 15, 2012

dive # 868 July 15 2012

Dive #868 July 15 2012
Triple "H' weather: hot, hazy and humid.
Fred invited his family on the boat today.
 They definitely picked the perfect day to go for a cruise and a dunk in the ocean.
The only divers on board were Fred, Chris, Pete, Lareint and myself.
We anchored off of Folly Cove.
I really like this dive site.
 There are lots of swim throughs with a healthy population of cunners.
The water temp was reasonable.
I got a reading of 58F at 20 feet. The closer you got to shore the warmer the water. With that being said, the further you got from the mouth of Folly the water temp dropped significantly, or at least it felt that way.
I saw some really large crabs, turnicates, assorted sponges and rock gunnels. It was an easy low stress dive. It reminded me of Bonaire with the weather being this hot and the easy familiar dive site.
I think Fred's family had a good time today because I sure did. :-)

1 comment:

  1. We all have a grand time too. Summer fun in the sweltering sun.

    ReplyDelete