Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the Wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 23


For a week now, I've noticed that "Craow Dum" has not been around. This is really odd.
Even in the worst weather I would see him in his well protected loft above Sal's pizza stand. When craow Dum saw our car pull up he would perch himself on the eaves awaiting his breakfast.
I haven't seen him at all for over a week now.
He is not only distinctive looking with his black beard but also his swollen feet due to an entanglement of monofiliment fishing line. There are other pigeons that look similar to him but I can pick him out of a crowd.
There seems to be more hawks flying around more than usual which makes me a bit nervous for the pigeons. I also saw a squished mash of feathers a few yards away from his spot on the street too. Some poor unfortunate pigeon got ran over by a car. Most likely on purpose.
My husband thinks Craow dum flew to another nesting spot with his lady friend. He thinks she was not pleased with staying at his messy bachelor pad. I know in the past, he has not had success with trying to set up a nest at his Sal's pizza loft.
Let's just hope he is right and Craow Dum has taken up with a lovely lady pigeon, perhaps up in Seabrook.
Maybe he will be back with a few new pigeons in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment