Monday, April 25, 2011

shit on a shingle



I've felt crappy all winter. I've really felt crappy for the last couple of weeks. Severe headaches, muscle aches and exhaustion. I am seriously sick of complaining and feeling sick. I found myself staying away from friends and activities just so I could just stay home.



Well now, I have any explanation of what has been going on. I've had severe rippling pain and burning wrapped around my back and shoulder as well as nasty looking sores on my rib cage.



I just left the doctor's office and found out that I have shingles.



Herpes zoster.



It's a form of chicken pox that old scrogges get when your immune system is in the shitter.



I look like a leper.



I suppose I should be thankful.



My hair-dresser had shingles as well but it hit her all over her face.



When I think of herpes I think of the kind you get in your private parts.



OMG that would be sooooo nasty.



I am on my way to the pharmacy to pick up the meds. It's an anti-viral Med.



It's the same kind that those poor suckers have to use when they have a "flare up on their private parts". I'm a bit embarrassed about picking up my prescription with this on my mind. I want to yell, "it's on my rib cage! Really!!!"



Regardless, it's F*&^ing painful and I'm bloody exhausted so I need to get the meds so it's doesn't spread.



Shit happens.



*the photo above it what the 'rash" looks like. It's kind of gross, eh?

3 comments:

  1. OMG, V! You poor thing! My dad had that for a long time, and was in so much pain. He tried every remedy, and couldn't find one that would provide him with relief. After almost a year of suffering, they finally started to subside just before he passed away. Made the last year of his life a very miserable one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty nasty shit. I'm on prednisone and valacyclovir.Heavy duty nasties that carry side-effects.. The doctor also recommended a pain-killer but I declined.I'm not being a hero either but I think this is enough meds to poison my system for now.
    Seriously, this is nothing compared to a full blown migraine as far as pain goes (for me).
    I hope I caught this in time so it doesn't spread.
    I feel for your poor father, Fox. I think it must be horrendous for the elderly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred had it too. He got flare-ups after any big stress situation like an operation. It landed on his upper leg most often. He said it felt like every hair on his thigh was a needle when he touched the area. Not a good thing.

    I paid to have a shingles prevention shot. It only works on 50% of the people, but cost ~$200 because insurance didn't pay for it. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete