Tuesday, April 26, 2011

more shit on a shingle



It is sort of relief to know why I've felt so crappy for so long. I've always felt that these migraine/fibromyglia attacks were somewhat viral since they tend to last in 10-12 day increments.



Perhap it is not related.



I don't know.



It's weird.



I could swear to God I broke my ribs falling in patch of poison ivy or fallen off a boat, hitting my ribs then stung by jelly fish .

This what shingles feels like.



It is so uncomfortable to wear any under garments so when I am home I am "swinging free".



The prednisone (anti-inflamatory) works pretty well but when it is time to take the next dose I can feel it. My ribs hurt, burn and weep.

I have to get up at midnight to take the valacyclovir (anti-viral) since you have to take it every eight hours. It's suppose to slow the progression.



Oh well.



Migraines are still worse.



You puke from the pain and it doesn't go away.



You can't stand bright lights, sounds, smells and extreme temperatures either way.



I am guessing getting shingles is more common than I thought.



My hair-dresser got it. The poor thing got it on her face.



The "Captain' got it on his leg.



You get the chicken pox as a kid and then shingles, when you enter "scrogg-dom". I am guessing once you start recieving those AARP mailings you are now officially a "Scrogg".

Yes, I get those mailings now.



I from what I am reading, the shingle's virus still stays with you once the symptoms "goes away" and then it "pops up" again whenever your body is stressed.

Great....



I guess things could be worse but right now, it is not fun.

1 comment:

  1. My mom had to get a shot to prevent her from getting them when my dad had them. So sorry, V. I know how much he suffered, so I can imagine what you're going through. He was icing them as a last resort...something about the ice confusing he nerve endings? Not exactly sure, but he said it helped. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete