Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Patron saint of budgerigars



Yes, I am the patron saint of birds, fish and reptiles.



I have bestowed the honor of naming my husband the patron saint of budgerigars.



Budgerigars are what we in the USA call "parakeets". Most people have owned one or two in their life-time. They are cute, funny and delightful feathered companions.



Sure, they are not as big and boisterous as a larger parrot but these little guys can talk and have special personalities.



"Whook" is our first (male) budgie who is now ten years old. He doesn't talk as much as he use to. You will hear him exclaim once in awhile, "I looove being a biscuit whook", "F*&^ing pain!" and "I love you!".



He sometimes has a hard time flying up to his cage due to his age. Budgies can live up to 15 years although the average life expectancy is 8 years. He gets very excited when I slice a carrot for him as a treat as well as cooked rice.



"Whook" is my husband's favorite bird. He will talk softly to him and touch his nose to his beak. Whook loves this one-on-one "guy time".



My husband says he knows what they are thinking. He will position "Whook's" mirror in the "right position" since "he's knows what guys like".



It's so cute to watch those two interact with each other.

My husband is kind to the birds, even the pigeons.

He is the patron saint of budgerigars.



* I painted the above attachment.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the painting, V. I could recognize Soracha's serenity and spirit right away. As the screen was appearing, I thought, "Oh, she painted Soracha. Good for them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting, V! What a great story too.

    ReplyDelete