Wednesday, April 18, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 68


What I discovered after giving Craow Dum his treatment for 10 minutes that there was still solution left in the nebulizing cup. This worried me because I thought he needed the entire 10 ml absorbed at each treatment. Only half of the cup was used. According to my vet books this is the best choice of treatment to attack respiratory illnesses. I am cautiously optimistic.
So this morning, I left him in the tank for 30 minutes. He didn't seem to mind it. I kept checking on him to make sure he was OK. His nose looked clear which was a good sign. I emailed the vet my concerns, just in case. She seems concerned with his welfare. She told me she had pulled over on the side of the road to rescue a pigeon with two broken legs. Most people would just ignore a pigeon in need.

*He looks kind of funny sitting in this container with a pipe emitting a vapor.

I use the downstairs bathroom as his hospital room. I don't really want the vapors to get to the other birds.

Meanwhile, I just picked up Billy Bob the love-bird to stay with me for a week. I got a bit nervous seeing his mushy poop in his cage. I was also worried because his water bowl was kind of slimy too. This is not a good thing. I threw his dishes in the dishwasher, washed out his cage and sleepy towel, and added some apple cider vinegar to his water bowl to clean out any nasty poopy germs in his stomach. He seems to be perky and active. Hopefully, I fought off any potential problems.
AAAAAH! There is never a dull moment in birdy-world.!

1 comment:

  1. Your vet's reaction to seeing a pigeon in need shows just exactly why she's the best partner for you and Black Beard these days.

    ReplyDelete