Thursday, April 26, 2012

song bird

I'm not much of what you would say a "music lover" per say.This is most due to constant and chronic headaches. However, once in awhile, when my head is clear of pain, I do enjoy certain tunes.
Sometimes when I am in a store, I will stop and listen to some really amazing song. Unfortunately, the mood of the song will break when it is subsequently followed by some really shitty song. It's kind of like enjoying a really delicious ice-cream cone only to find after you've eaten all the banana ice-cream to find a dead fly squished on the cone.It's awful when you you are listening to something cool by say, the artist: Maxi Priest and then, some crap song like "Muskrat love" follows it (or anything by Micheal Jackson for that matter)
In my opinion, here are some fab songs:

"If this was your last day" by Nickleback.
At first I thought this was done by Daughtry because they sound similar in vocals.It's nice to hear a song that actually has lyrics that are thought provoking.

"Under the milky way" by Sia.
The original version done by the group The Church is excellent too.For some reason this song takes me back to when I was a kid at Christmas time driving in my father's big ass "caddy". I can just feel the biting cold, but, it is oddly comforting.

"He called me baby" by Candi Staton.
Bluesy with a torch-light feel.

"Are you lookin' at me?" by Colin Hay
A 40 something year old Scottish guy doing rap. He pulls it off bloody brilliantly. Well done my friend.

"Rumor has it" & "Rolling in the deep" by Adele.
Where did this girl with the amazing voice come from? ENGLAND! Where else?

"Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye
We have all been there, eh?

"I'm in love with a criminal" by Britney Spears
You are probably all screaming now but the beginning instrumental hooks of this song is almost renaissance-like.Seriously of all the song listed above my birds like this one the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment