Saturday, April 14, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 66


a
The June 2012 issue of Bird Talk magazine featured a photo and "letter to the editor" I submitted about including pigeons in future articles. The letter featured the above "baby" photo of Croaw Dum.
As I look at the photo I feel sad that at that part of his life he still had somewhat part of his upper beak. Despite all his treatment, as of today, he still has a snotty nose. I do not think the doxcycline is working. From everything I personally researched and discussed with my vet the meds given to him should have worked. The next step is waiting for the arrival of the nebulizer, the lab results from the culture to identify the specific offending bacteria and next (and last) course of action.
It is so frustrating. We've come so far that I can't give up on him. I managed to cure him of gardia, fungus and feather lice so far. He's fat and happy. (328grams!)
Yesterday I was sitting on the top of the stairs talking on the phone I heard this little clatter of nails. I looked down and the pigeon climbed up the stairs looking for me. I've been feeling kind of shitty all week (migraine monsoon). I took time in the late afternoon to lay on the couch for the zomig to take effect. The pigeon would look for me and climb onto the couch to snuggle with me. ("Eddie" and "Fresh Baby" also flew in the room to perch on me as well.)
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment