Thursday, October 20, 2011

the worst and best commercials



I don't know.
There are just some commercials on TV I just have to get up and leave the room. They are offensive and annoying. They have the opposite effect to what they are trying to do.

I can not stand ANY and ALL Old Navy commercials.
Oh my God.
Do they purposely try to annoy the crap out of you with their obnoxious advertisements? My teenage neice likes their clothes but I can't stomach their store and not even because of their stupid commercials .

I think their clothes are cheap cheezy 'made in China" crap.
How about he charmin toilet paper commercial with those cartoon "cute' bears?
Is that the most disgusting commercial showing cartoon bears with toilet paper dingle-berries?
What is up with that?
That is just gross.
And of course that metro PC commercial with those two retarded India stooges. I guess I don't "get" "the joke" that they are trying to portray. Everytime I see those two clowns I have to leave the room.


The best commercial on TV that "works" is one for the Chrysler 300 series.
"Imported from Detroit".
That is bloody brilliant!
The other car commercial that "works" is the Kia sorento with the giant sock monkey singing and dancing "how do ya like me now!?"
I don't know, but it "works". It's funny.
The other one is an ad from JetBlue where they are advertising extra legroom. They have a guy (who looks like my brother) squished in a car saying, "I'm hot, cramped and we haven't even left yet". Everytime I see that ad I crack up. And yes, you think of how many times you are squashed in those smelly uncomfortable airplane seats and wished to God you had more leg and arse room.
With that said, maybe other airlines will 'take a hint" and upgrade their planes to make flying a little more endurable. That would be nice but I am not holding my breath...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the guy who ends his commercial with "...in the little town of Mendon!!!" He's on Channel 5 during the evening news and I cringe when his car dealership is advertised. Gag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I know which one you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total agreement... Old Navy needs to go out of business. No one in their right mind would ever do that with a barbell... and I hate those damn bears. They should suffer Bambi's mom's fate.

    ReplyDelete