Monday, October 10, 2011

dive #844 & 845 October 9 2011



Dive # 844 Oct 9 2011


I couldn't wait to go diving today.

Not only the weather was predicted to be unseasonably warm but I just had to tell Pete what my sister said about him.
She called him "studmuffin teddy bear eyes".

Oh my God, I thought I would pee my pants cracking up.

Where does she think of these things.(?) I think my sister "likes" Pete.

I told Chris the story and she thought "teddy bear eyes" were actually kind of scary looking being black buttons with strings hanging out.
The weather was perfect except for a bit of a unpredictably NWN wind blowing. I did feel a little seasick despite my two doses of seasick pills that I take on every trip.


We headed over to the wreck of New Hampshire.

Aboard "Easy Diver" besides the crew of Fred, Chris, Pete and Pat we had passengers , Tim M who had a student with him, a 'froggie", Alex and Bill L.

The viz was about 10 feet but clearer closer to the rocks. There was lots of schooling fish. I found one giant moon snail and stuck it in front of Alex while he was filming. Everyone seemed happy and content. A couple of the guys were "treasure hunting" for nails.
I was amazed at how delicious the spinach sandwiches are when you are out on the boat. The same goes for apples. Last weekend, when diving was canceled due to bad weather I ate my sandwiches that I had prepared. The sandwiches do not taste that good on land, that is all I can say.

dive #845
We went over by the stone house. The viz was much better. This is a nice site because of the rock formations. The fish were busy schooling. Lots of pollack and cunners.
Water temp was about 57F. Sadly, this was my last dive of the season aboard the boat.

It was a great day and everyone seemed to have fun.
As always, the season is way soooooo short.
Maybe, just maybe, I'll "brave' a winter dive with the nutty buddies.

3 comments:

  1. I think I saw Peter blush under his beard. It turned a bit pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe another dive season has come to an end. It goes by so fast. Especially when you're not there...

    ReplyDelete