Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oct 4th 1226



Today is the anniversairy of the death of my patron saint, Italian Catholic friar, Saint Francis of Assisi.



He was born Giovanni Francesco di Bernardine in 1181. He lived to the ripe old age of 45 years old. I have a few more years over him continuing as the patron saint of birds, fish and reptiles. (wink)



Although, I have St. Francis statues posted all over my house. I need all the help I can get in taking care of all my birds.



I started giving Smitty (the green budgie with a tumor) a little baytril (antibotic) on saturday and today, a drop of metacam (antinflamatory) hoping it would help him. He's seems to have perked up. At least the metacam will relieve any pain he has if nothing else. He likes to have a cage all by himself filled with yummy millet treat that he doesn't have to share. He is still hanging in there.



I just started giving Patches his meds yesterday.



I am hopeful.



At least he is drinking and eating. His cage is pretty much germ-free now as well.



Everyone else seems to be Ok for now.



Craow Dum follows me around like a dog. Yesterday, when I was upstairs working on the computer I could hear a "thump thump..peeeep..peeeep!"



He was trying to climb up the stairs looking for me! He's a funny little thing. I am still cautious of his health so I keep a close eye on him. He makes a weird croaking noise especially at night like a person would if they have chronic allergies. His eyes are bright, his nose is clear and his poop looks perfect. I still watch him closely.



Yes, St Francis I still need your guidance!

3 comments:

  1. What a testimony:"His poop looks perfect" If only the rest of us had such a great prognosis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    On my pigeon and cockatiel chats that is one of the first things one would ask the chatter if he/she suggested that their bird was acting "off".
    "How does the poop look?"
    Seriously, "the poop" tells alot about the health and well being of a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poop = gross... no matter how you look at it. :o)

    ReplyDelete