Monday, October 3, 2011

another gross day in paradise!




*warning* the following post is kind of gross.












Of course, I couldn't sleep all night worrying about Patches. At the stroke of 8:00am I called the vet to let her know that Patches is now digging his claw down his throat constainly AND upchucking. Patches also refuses to poop in his cage so I have to take him out and make him poop.




It is a gigantic wet green splotch.




My husband screams and runs for cover.




Patches has also been upchucking seeds and goo. He can strategically fire one to land squarely on my face.




This is not good.




I drove up to Windham, NH to the vet office in the pouring rain to get his meds.




I am hoping this does the trick. The cause of his illness is that he has a pseudomonas infection in this throat. He will be on an antibotic (baytril )15mg/ml .08ml twice a day for two weeks as well as antifungal (diflucan) 10mg/ml .08mil twice day for two weeks.




And of course, I am going flaming nuts to how and why he got this infection.




From what I've read about it in my vet books this bacteria resides in water.




Needless to say, I took apart the water filters. I not only changed the filters but bleached the filtering containers/devices. I chucked my cutting board as well replacing it with a glass one. Who knows if nasty bacteria has been accumulating on it when I cut their veggies. I'm not taking any chances. I chucked the sink sponge too. Those things get gross really fast. All of Patches toys will go in the dish washer as well as his dishes. All of the calcium cups have been chucked and replaced with cuttle bones.




And of course, I'll clean the floors and cages like I do routinely.




I have to wash and vacume the floors now more often since the pigeon lives with us. He poops constainly so I follow him around with a paper towel. Craow Dum, so far, has no signs of those feather lice but he still coughs up phlegm. He, like Patches, also seems to have the uncanny ability to accurately shoot one to land on my face as well. He also sheds an enormous amount of feather dander. It looks like snow.




I stopped by my cousins house for tea. She curiously asked what I had on my shoulder and she proceeded to wipe it off. Her face turned white with nausea when I nonchalantly told her ,"oh that's bird shit. Patches probably did that just before I left the house."




Yes, having pets is gross.




I'll admit it, but at the same time I can not begin to tell you how much cleaning, dusting , vacuming, washing and disinfecting I do on a daily basis. This is a way of life for me because I am a serious germaphobe.




I walked Mattie the naughty little Jack Russell today like I usually do. I was horrified when I walked into the kitchen and living room to see shit smeared all over the floor.




"God dammit", I thought.




I don't know what she ate but she pooped in her doggie bed and then proceeded to wipe her ass all over the floor around and around in a spiral pattern smear.




I cleaned 90% of the crap up and wrote a note for the owner so she would not be shocked to see mess all over the bed.




I took Mattie out for her walk and she continued to poop.




Apparently she must of gotten into a bag of string beans and ate them WHOLE.

Just so you have a visual, the string beans were hanging out of her butt one by one on a string.




Yes, there were fully undigested whole string beans all over the yard.




OK I need to take my bath now, thank you very much.

2 comments: