Friday, October 14, 2011

back to the vet, again..




I do not know what is going on lately.




I took Button in for second round of meds. She is doing great but it is puzzling to why she got sick. Patches is doing better too. His final rounds of meds will be done on sunday.




Smitty is still hanging in there too.Thursday morning he was at the bottom of the cage pooping out blood. I've never seen this sort of problem when any of my budgies had tumors. This was alarming. I thought he was definitely a goner. By the afternoon he was pooping normally and eating. I am starting to doubt that he has a tumor afterall. Something else might be going on. Gastroenteritis? Megabac?This morning I noticed "Whook" my favorite and oldest budgie slumped over his perch breathing hard.




I thought to myself, "oh shit..what the hell is going on?"




I called both vet offices I generally visit to see if I could get in today right away. Unfortunately no one was taking patients in today or no avian vets were on call today. Both offices suggested that I drive to Angel Memorial in Boston but the reality is with my poor tunnel vision eyesight I would never make it there in one piece-especially since it is pouring buckets out.




Thankfully, I got an appointment tomorrow in Ipswich. I am bringing both Smitty and Whook in. Maybe Smitty will have a chance.




Needless to say I am a wreck.




I spent the entire day yesterday dusting and vacuming. The feather dust amps up the dust factor monumentally. This dust if not routinely cleaned up can cause "bird keepers lung" so I am extremely vigilant in keeping up with it. It is surprising how much the dust accumulates in such a short period of time. I have a air purifier but it is so noisy. I think I should just put up with the noise and use it. Something is making my birds sick and I still can't figure out what it is.




Hopefully, I have have answers to what is going on, at least, with my two budgies.




Arggggghhhh......

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to read that your flock is still hurtin' Fall has lots of fungus spores. Maybe they affect your feathered friends. Hugs to every one of them and you.

    ReplyDelete