Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 45




In the morning on the beach there are different pigeons that come and go.




I now see "Frosted" occasionally on my back deck looking in the window for "Craow Dum". ("Frosted" is a grey pigeon with a brown head with a frosting colouring on his/her scalp)




Craow Dum now weighs 322 grams.




He is a load.




He is now starting to coo like a regular pigeon but it is more like a purr.




He loves to be held and petted. He hates being stuck in his rabbit hutch. He spends most of the day outside the hutch walking around when I am home. He still follows me around like a dog and sits by my feet in the living room.




He also likes to sit on the dining room table next to "Whook"(the blue budgie). The other birds don't seem to mind him either. I think they see him as a big doofus. Sometimes I think he would've been more appropriately named, "Baby Huey".




My husband has a nutty whenever he sees the pigeon on the table. "Get that pigeon off the table! He poops everywhere! GROOOOOOSSSSS!"




Needless to say, I change the tablecloth everyday-even twice a day. Craow Dum can be problematic when I leave the table to say, answer the telephone at dinner time, He won't go over to eat my dinner like the other birds but he sits his big bum directly in my plate for some reason.




My house sometimes stinks like vinegar. White vinegar is a natural nontoxic safe disinfectant cleaner. I use it to clean the birds cages and around the house because it is safe to use rather than store brand caustic deadly cleaners. I also use a product called 'poop off" that is "Al Gore friendly" as well to use around birds to well, clean up poop.




Despite of the mess the birds constainly make I keep up with it to make sure my house is so clean you can eat off the floor.




Well I have to finish this post because "Patches" is screaming for me to let him out of the cage.




"Whew!"




Yes, they are demanding little brats!

2 comments:

  1. I think CD knows a good thing when he/she sees it. I'm guessing those legs in the picture are yours. He's going to have some white feathers on his back, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does have white on his back. As of today he is MUCH large than that photo shot!

    ReplyDelete