Saturday, July 30, 2011

Parrot crisis in Bonaire! part 3




"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing"-Edmund Burke



Irish orator, philosopher and politician (1729-1797)






I kind of feel a little helpless in regards to helping those parrots in Bonaire.



I read the daily updates on the progress and health of these baby parrots and so far, the parrots are thriving. That is good news!

A couple of avairies are being built to help the fledglings get a start in learning how to fly safely without the worry of predatory cats and dogs going after the young birds.



I am not good at fund-raising or organizing events. My heart is in it but I run out of steam fast and I never know when I'll get slammed by a monsoon (migraine). I mean well but I get biologically road-blocked.



So I do what I do best.



I write letters to spread the word.



I join and donate to groups that I feel are affective.



I will continue to follow the situation and when the time comes to when I visit Bonaire I will see what still needs to be done. I'm not afraid of getting bird poop on me. For some reason, parrot squawks don't bother me either even though I am sensitive to noise. I like to hear their 'happy voices'. It would be wonderful if all the birds survive, thrive and are introduced back into their natural habitat by the time I get down there. The mission would be a success.


I think the hardest job after that is to make sure this smuggling shit doesn't happen again.


Strict enforcement, habitat protection and educating the general public about these birds will ensure their safety.


I gotta go and finish a few letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment