Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's summertime!



We are now full blast in the middle of summer.

The weather forecast for this week is hot hot hot! I figured after walking dogs for the day I could either stay in air conditioned comfort or venture out to the beach.

It was sultry but not obnoxiously stifling, at least for today, so I opted for the beach.



The best way to get to the beach is riding there by bike. This way, if I take my bike to the beach I'm not stuck in traffic and my car isn't baking on the hot pavement parking lot.



I splashed out this year and bought a new beach bike.

It's an old fashion style bike.

It has no gears just a foot break with a big cushie seat.

This bike had an extra bonus included: a cup holder and a basket! All I need now is a bell and tassles on the handle bars.!



It kind of looks like Pee Wee Hermans bike.



It is perfect for the beach.



I wear my lands end "short-tini" bathing suit ( It's a bathing suit tank top with matching bathing suit shorts) It looks like a cute shorts set. And of course, I don the requisite red sox baseball cap.I have my towel, bottle of water and coin purse for beach pizza (yum!) packed in my basket.



(I am totally not interested in that 'biking scene" with the fancy gears, skinny tires, ass/crotch killing seats and that ridiculous attire of skin tight shorts and a retard helmet)

I just go to the beach and come back. I can not imagine spending the entire day biking. My freaking ass would be killing me!



The beach was packed with people as I predicted.



I usually take my first dunk early June so I am having a late start this year for a variety of reasons. It does'nt matter, really. I am there now. Yippee!



I parked my bike and took a running start into the chilly waters. There was quite a few people in the water so I figured it can't be that cold.

And it wasn't, well, not really.

I did scream but I went for a full dunk.



Ahhhhhh, the summer is here.

3 comments:

  1. Retard is not an acceptable word anymore, it is not politically correct now; the word is developmentally challenged. For instance, if you were to say what the republicans and democrats are doing with the debit ceiling these people are developmentally challenged. Or you could just say their full of bullshit. Because it not the debit ceiling anymore it is the bullshit ceiling. Thank you John Stewart. Just the ranting of a person who walked away from his bong or I just have been in the blistering sun too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V... That is EXACTLY the bike I want! I saw a couple at our local bike shop. One of them was pink with big white daisies on it...the other was black with pink flames. I can't decide! The black one has a rack on the back to put stuff on, and a bottle holder...the pink one has a white basket. I'm leaning more toward the black...you know, for functionality reasons. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Bill!Were you out protesting the movie "tropic thunder" because they (Robert Downey Jr & Ben Stiller) were going "full retard"?!?!
    BTW it was kind of a gross movie especially the false teeth scene (well, gross and funny)

    ReplyDelete