Monday, July 11, 2011

dive # 831 July 10 2011



Dive #831 July 10 2011



It was a picture perfect day weather-wise.

Early morning, I started to feel a little "under the weather", so to speak. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel later on.

When my biological "warning light" goes on, I pay attention.

I took my meds first thing in the morning and knew I had to take it easy. I brought my New Zealand attached hooded wet suit this time since it is rather light weight and easy to don. I hadn't worn it in years because of my past donut indulgences. It fit A-ok, matter of fact, it was a little loose. It was covered with tons of dead spider corpses so it needed a good cleaning. My dry suit is at shop being repaired.

Pat had the day off so I did my best as to pay attention to what ever had to be done via "barking orders" from both Fred and Pete.



We had a good group of people on board which always makes life easy, and fun.



Bill L, Richard B, Linda G, Myanna and two "new" guys.(sorry, I can't remember their names. It was a "zomig and naprosyn day' for me)

Chris anchored the boat at Thatchers island.



This is a nice dive sight. On June 7 1998 this is the place we saw the basking shark. I am always hopeful that we get lucky again.



I hopped in the water with Bill L. The water was F*&^%ing freezing! Unfortunately, I ended up having to abort the dive because my inflator hose of my BCD was auto-inflating. It sucked up about half of my air in minutes so I was down to about 1000 psi. I unhooked the hose, went back down and stayed right under the boat. There was lots of pollack fish. I saw one good sized lobster.



The cold water felt wonderful on my head. The leg and muscle cramps went away, oddly enough. The nausea also went away. I must have taken the meds early enough, thankfully.



I had a good day. I think everyone else did too.



* I brought my BCD up to Russ K to have a look at. The inflator button was jammed. He managed to loosen it up so hopefully, it will be A-Ok.

1 comment: