Monday, July 25, 2011

dive #833 July 24 2011



Dive # 833 July 24 2011



Today was predicted to be cooler in temperature than it has been. Then again, I think Hades was cooler than it was on friday.



Fred, Chris, Pat and Pete were onboard. Chris was suffering with a summer cold. It's hard enough to breath with a nasty cold but add hot humid weather to the mix. Yeesh...



As predicted, I could feel a migraine monsoon coming on. I could blame it on the hot weather but the bottom line is I get this F*&^ing things so often that I've given up on finding a reason and a cause.



We had Bill L, Diane K and two new nice guys aboard (sorry, I can not remember their names. Blame it on the zomg) We anchored on the Eastern point side.



First stop was the 'stone garage". I was looking forward to jumping in to getting my head cold and boy, did it get frosted.



Water temp was a frosty 48F.



The news guys said on TV that the ocean temp was 62F. Ha!



I think they were measuring the water temp in a puddle, not the ocean.



I jumped in and screamed. I wasn't expecting it to be that friggin' cold.



I pretty much stayed under the boat. I worry about boat traffic passing by so I stay very close to the boat.



I only stayed in about 20 minutes max. Yes, it was cold but it was nauseatingly surgy. I really felt like I could get sick fast!



That was it for me. I was glad at least I could log a dive. There was a lot of (undulating) sea kelp, good sized lobsters and some pollack.



Pete caught a few lobsters plus some crabs which I teased him about saying that they were "duds".



I had repaired my force fins with brand new straps and buttons that I had ordered online at the forcefin website. They felt like brand new fins.



I took a zomig on my way home before things escalated out of control. After I cleaned my dive gear, took care of the birds and ate dinner I was in bed by 7:30.



I was glad I could log a dive.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to have you with us, V. The snacks helped too, of course. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have to go through this, Tink. Glad that it doesn't completely stop you from doing what you love to do.

    ReplyDelete