Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the master plan



It seems like just about everything you find in the supermarket has high fructose corn syrup or just plain corn syrup added.



It is in hot dogs, spagetti sauce, cereals, soup, cookies, whipped cream, chicken nuggets, any kind of saute sauces, half & half creamers, flavored rice mixtures, low fat ice cream, grated cheeze,weight watchers TV dinners,... blah blah blah.



It is in just about everything.



I know it seems like I am obsessed with trying to avoid corn syrup but this shit can't be good for you.



Even when I made my first batch of home-made ice-cream I realized I used fat free half & half in it (rather than heavy cream)to keep the fat content down. The second ingredient in the half & half is corn sryup. I don't understand, why?



Why is this crap in low fat milk products?



When I looked at the label of spagetti sauce it had both high fructose corn syrup AND corn syrup added.



Yuck.



So I decided to make my own spagetti sauce.



To my shock, when I picked up a can of tomatoe paste guess what was added to it?



Yup, you guessed right : corn syrup.

Thankfully, not all tomatoe pastes had this ingredient added. The cheaper brands did. So I bought a brand a few cents more that was just pure ground up tomatoes with nothing added.



It takes me forever to go food shopping because I check all the labels of everything I buy that is packaged.



I am going to try my hand at making banana ice cream next but this time I am going to use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk. The ingredients are filtered almond juice and carrageenan (which is a seaweed by product (Irish moss to be exact!) used in making ice-cream and pudding) It gives it that pudding like consistancy.



I have this twisted cartoonish theory of why corn syrup is added to everything. I think it is the same reason school officials do not want Jamie Oliver to change the school lunch program from crappy processed chicken fingers, french fries and chocolate milk to baked chicken, vegetables and white milk.



I think The Government is secretly trying to fatten us up.



Corn is what is used for pigs to fatten them up for slaughter.



I've seen so many creepy sci-fi movies that it would'nt surprise me if that the government has this secret plan to fatten the masses up to feed and appease alien invaders.



Yup.



Corral, stupify (with stupid TVshows and rude movies) and force feed the masses corn to fatten them as a bargaining chip to waiting alien invaders.



Meanwhile the super rich and powerful are safe.


Did you notice how the news warns you not to eat the apples because of high doses of pesticides?

Doesn't it make you suspicious? First of all, with all the technology and advances why do the apples have to be covered with toxins? I am growing a small vegetable garden and so far, I have no problems with insect pests.


DON"T EAT THE CORN!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ever see "Soylent Green"? I think you might be on to something. I have the same problem, and I too look for things with no corn syrup...high fructose or otherwise. Trader Joe's has a lot of good products that don't contain it. You can also internet search just about anything these days and find products that don't contain it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!That movie "soylent green' was a classic!
    I now spend a lot of time reading labels when I shop now. I used to just check the fat content but now I check ALL the ingredients.
    Americans are slowly getting poisoned(and processed)
    I like to shop at "whole food" market or at a local farm store. It's expensive but worth it.
    I make most things from scratch but as I cautioned you got to check the labels on canned goods i.e. tomatoes and dairy products.
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky.

    ReplyDelete