Friday, June 3, 2011

lost dove







The other day I saw a (lost) white dove sitting on the telephone wire outside my parent's home at dusk. I thought to myself, "the poor thing will not survive out in the wild". First of all, it was sitting all by itself at dusk which is feeding time for nocturnal creatures. He seems confused and nervous. I am betting he was a dove used as a prop in wedding and got lost. There was nothing I could do to rescue him. I felt helpless knowing what fate awaits this poor little lost bird.





I clicked on "Judge Judy" at 4:00pm. Instead, the news was on.





A tornado was whipping through the Springfield area.





I froze.





Springfield?





Massachusetts?





Are you shitting me?





I felt helpless watching the news alerts for those in the surrounding communities to find shelter in basements with only minutes to spare.





There was complete destruction within minutes.





Three people were reported killed but countless of homes were wrecked.





Over in a minute.





I wonder if that little dove was an omen of some sort.





I often wonder about things like that.

Yikes...

1 comment:

  1. Terrible storms in the western part of the state. We didn't have much wind or rain in Gloucester, however. There was a yellow-ish sunset.

    ReplyDelete