Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year 2011!


It's almost New Year's eve. It's the time when you want to start "anew" with New Years resolutions.

Every year I vow to stop swearing.

That lasts for a total of one hour.

Every year I vow to be nicer and calmer.

That last for about 2 hours.

Although I will make another attempt this year.

I will also try to be a bit more open minded and not so judgemental.

I will also try not to be so paranoid and neurotic about things.

I"ll keep working on my "sainthood" status.

It's not easy, but I'm consciously working on being the best that I can be.

I've given up donuts and cookies. I will continue to stay away from foods that I can not control.

I have to laugh when I see the sale paper ads this time of year. It is loaded with exercise equipment and diet suppliments. Many people must buy these things as a part of their New Year's resolutions but let's face it by March, these exercise machines end up being coat racks and dust collectors.

I think it is almost impossible to start a diet at the peak of winter.

There is a shortage of fresh veggies and fruit. The winter just makes you hungry for comfort foods. I can only hope for is to not fall off the wagon and give in to the sugary comforting carbs.

I try to get out there and go for a run everyday even if it's a short one. I try to stick to an ongoing routine. The same goes for working out in cell block#9. The progression is slow but it is still progressing.

I work (and struggle) to improve myself in body, mind and soul.

It's working.

I think.

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. Of course it's working, V. I see the dim glow of a saint's halo hovering near your brow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete