Monday, December 27, 2010

post holiday letdown


I had a very nice Christmas.

I hope all of you did too.

Now this is the part I have a hard time with.

The day after.

Yes, I am one of those jerks that go into post holiday depression.

It's like the party is over and now you have to pay for it by being thrown into a dark dank cold endless prison pit for three months now.

It's as if something switches off. And now, I will have a dull suffocating migraine for the entire month of January.

It happens every single year without fail.

I don't know if it is because it is so dark, cold and dry or what. It's not just a mental thing but a serious physical thing for me.
I don't know how the people who live in northern countries deal with winter for six months of the year.. ugh...

Thankfully, I only put up a small Christmas tree so it is not such a daunting task when you have to take down the decorations. I leave the "santa frogs" out and all my Christmas cards up longer to enjoy.

Right now, here on the east coast, we are getting pounded with a major blizzard.

We are expecting two feet of snow.
Thankfully, I declined a few customers over the holiday. I wanted to spend time with my family rather than to go to work. I refered them out to other pet sitters in the area. As I look out the window with the snow still coming down I am so glad I made that choice. As much as I like my job the weather plays a huge role.

I am also glad I had adopted "Patches"( the rescue cockatiel) too. He has quite the personality.

There is nothing I enjoy better than spending time with all my birds, especially on cold snowy dark days. They bring so much joy to my life.
I think everyone should have pets, especially if you suffer with the "winter blues". I am going to go downstairs now and play with my birds. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment