Monday, October 11, 2010

week 21 on WW


I get a little nervous on mondays when I have to step on the "all telling scale".
I look down with apprehension, but I am holding steady at 110lbs.
I am still , religiously, working out 5 days a week down in cell block #9. I am slowly increasing the weight. Sometimes I "drop back" on the weight when my shoulder feels 'off" or if a migraine is banging at the door. It's just a 30 minute morning workout but my arms feel tighter as well as my stomach.
My body is changing due to my age so I am trying to fight off the "middle age spread".
Yes, I am bombarded with AARP's membership junk mail on almost a daily basis.
It's a reality.
There's nothing wrong with aging because it is the natural progression of life.
BUT
I want to look good and feel good.
I still want to run everyday and scuba dive on the weekends.
I want to dress stylish and classy, not dumpy and farty-looking.
I look at some of the ladies of a 'certain age" and they look fabulous.
Sharon Osborn at age 58, is gorgeous. ( I love her hair!)
I am eatting more but I am staying away from the addictive carbs like bakery goods, candy and breads.
Once you start, you can't stop.
At least that is what is like for me.
I bought my husband a small bag of M & M's as a treat. He takes the 6 oz bag out of the refrig and eats maybe two M & M's at a time, and then puts the bag back in the refrig. I would've emptied the bag in my mouth in one sitting and then went out to buy a pound bag to sooth the rest of my craving.
Nope, I can not touch stuff like that.
I'm still doing OK. But, I have to consciously remind myself to stop eatting when I'm eatting something that tastes really good. I know this sounds so basic but it is a conscious effort for me.
I bought a really nice pair of Italian slacks that were on sale. When I pulled them from the rack I thought to myself, "oh, these will never fit me". The sales-lady in the boutique said to me, "oh my God! you are sooo skinny! You have to get those pants!"
That was the selling point.
Still working it one day at a time.
It is still not easy even after 21 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment