Saturday, October 23, 2010

The gate goes down...


The season's turned almost overnight.
It's now cold and dark.
Fall is officially here.
The gate is down.
I put my dive gear away.
I emptied the fish pond.
I covered the AC unit.
I shut the outdoor faucets off.
I had the fluids changed in my car
Next, I will empty the rain barrel and put it away.
Once the trees are bare I'll have to rake the yard of leaves.
I will have to make an appointment to change over my regular tires to snow tires in a month.
Gag, then I have to change the oil in the snowblower.
Oh shit, and I've got to think about Christmas and what I have to buy for gifts. (Now, that is a wicked pain in the ass)
Sigh....
I like the fact that it is a bit cooler. This summer was unbearably hot. The beach is now free of tourists so the traffic is down substantially.
That"s a good thing.
Baseball season is over, which is a sad thing. Football season is in full swing, which is a sucky boring unending drone of a "sport".
I have projects I want to work on which I refuse to do when it is summer time.
So I have to make the most of the approaching 'season" so I do not fall into a pit of depression.
I just hope it is not a nasty winter.

4 comments:

  1. Baseball "is a sucky boring unending drone of a sport". I tried to watch a whole game but didn't make it this season. As Homer J Simpson said " Now that I am not drinking or smoking pot baseball is really boring. I added the pot reference. You have a drysuit get wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baseball symbolizes the summer!
    Football symbolizes the cold and the dark.
    Argh.. I associate football as a form of slow torture.
    My father was a pop warner coach and he used to drag me to all his practices.
    It was awful.
    I hated the game and I hated those shitty
    jerk-off football players even worse.
    Yup, but I suppose you are right on one aspect,
    stop being a big baby and get my sulky @$$ in in my drysuit and get in the the water.
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to bitch about all the "chores" I had to do to get ready for winter, and truth be told, I love not having to do them anymore...but I miss winter. I miss walking outside in the early morning, and feeling that crisp, cold, air. I crave cold here. I guess you can take the girl out of New England...etc...etc...

    PS..As far as gifts for Christmas, give the fruits of the ones God gave you. A hand made gift is better than a store bought one any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to get depressed this time of year because it's black out when we leave for Worcester on Monday mornings. Pretty soon, it'll be black out when we get home too.

    Darn.

    ReplyDelete