Sunday, October 3, 2010

movie day


Chris called me to cancel the weekend dive.
The weather is now officially fall with it's unpredictable days of warm days alternating with fiercely cold windy days. We are getting some of the backlash from hurricanes that has caused havok down south. This time of year it is a "crap shoot" as far as diving goes because the water can get pretty dam rough making it pukey, dangerous and, just not fun.

So we took the opportunity to use a movie card gift certificate that I had tucked in my purse to see "the Legends of the Guardians".

Yes, we finally got to see the owl movie.

The last movie we saw at the theater was "Avatar" on New Years day. The time before that was "Happy Feet". I'm not sure when we saw "Happy Feet' but it had to have been at least a year or two ago.

We don't go the theater that often so with my insistance we saw this movie in the IMAX 3-D theater.

It's really kind of expensive to go to the movies. The regular price of admission is $10.50 pp plus an additional $7.00 for the IMAX. Being the resolute bargain hunter that I am I found out if you go to the first seating before noon the tix prices are $6.00( plus just $4.00 to include the IMAX experience).

Yup, so we saved $15.00 by going early AND there was no crowds.

Seriously, it was soooo worth it.

This was a totally enjoyable movie.

The art work that was put into this movie making it so visually real and exciting was exquisite. It might be a little scary for little kids but at least this is the type of movie you could go with your mother to see.

I give this movie the "two thumbs up!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to take your recommendation and go see it. I'm not big on animated...but once in a while one surprises me. Maybe this will be the one?

    ReplyDelete