Friday, January 30, 2015

!mas nieve! AYE!

It's still snowing and more on the way.
Yesterday I "babysat" my cousin's two dogs. It had stopped snowing (at least during the afternoon)and I wanted to take "Carlos" and "Ruby" for a walk. However, the snow banks were huge and wide. I was afraid of going around a corner and getting nailed from incoming traffic or tripping over the snow chunks on the side of the road. I could foresee an accident was in order.
 So for safety sake, I opt to just let the dogs run around outside in their yard for some needed fresh air and a 'poop' break. I do miss walking dogs. I like the exercise and I enjoy their company. With that being said, I was glad I didn't have to go out in the middle of the blizzard!
As you can see (in the above photo) Carlos wasn't too keen having his paws cold!
I haven't been able to get out for my daily run so I try to get my exercise on the trampoline.(*Although I get plenty of exercise shovelling this god-dam snow!)
The pigeon must know I need to "run" and she acts like my "coach". She will stand on the trampoline, stare at me and "bust-a-move". It's like she is saying, 'get off your fat ass and start jogging!"
It is funny what people will stock up on when they know they will be house bound for a few days (and it is not usually bread and milk)
My Mother grabbed a few cans of soup and bread.
I grabbed a big bag of broccoli, spinach and....(OK I know this bad) chocolate cake from Hannafords.(Hannafords has the best chocolate cake)
My cousin grabbed a bottle of maple flavoured whiskey (hmmmm..)
And my girl-friend said she stocked up on liquor and condoms (I think she was joking but  I"don't ask.... don't tell")

3 comments:

  1. We stocked up on canned items that don't need an opener and can be eaten cold - deviled ham, chicken, and Spam (we love it as Spam Hawaiian). I also chucked in some cheese, sliced turkey and Syrian pocket bread, just in case we felt the need to eat "healthy." They're predicting 6"-8" more snow for Monday. No-o-o-o!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spam!?!? I remembering eating that as well as deviled ham spread as a kid
      I just ran out and got....yup, more broccoli and more chocolate cake for the snow storm (again)

      Delete