Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard Jan 27 2015

 * This is the funniest picture!


As I type, we are getting bonked with massive loads of snow and pounded with hurricane force wind. Last night,the beach residents have all been evacuated. Lucky for me, I live next to the storm shelter centre and so far, we still have electricity.
It is still too windy to go out a do snow removal.
I am hoping the snow blower works. Last November, the auger blade of the snow blower broke when he got hit with our first snowstorm and then it needed a 'special" tool to remove the auger. In typical "Mac & Myer" fashion  we completed the job after back and forth awaiting these "parts".  After the last snow storm, last weekend, we realized the snow blower was still not working  due to the gear belt not placed properly. Ugh... So we shall see...
I am sooooooo glad I don't have to pet sit anyone today outside the home. In the past, it seemed that the worst possible days EVER I got the calls last minute to feed kitties, pick up litter, walk dogs etc...it was awful! And really scary driving.
 I am thinking about health care workers and wondering how the hell they can get to work (or to get home). I went to visit my father yesterday just as the flakes were starting to fall.
So long as the electricity stays on I do not mind hunkering down studying my Spanish, cuddling with the pigeon and working on art projects.
I just finished adding trim and sewing this parrot needlework onto this jacket.
I am going to work on some new paintings as well.
It will be interesting how much snow we will end up with. We may get up to three feet. So far the snow drifts are about 4 feet (or more)

*update:
As of 3:00pm the snow was over 2 feet deep and was still snowing! In the back yard the drifts were chest deep. I had to get to the back deck to clear it off so it doesn't get too heavy with snow and collapse. Also I needed to get back there to fill the bird feeders! WOW there is a LOT of snow!

1 comment: