Tuesday, January 20, 2015

fui del hospital

The migraines finally took their toll.
 I ended up in the hospital's emergency ward yesterday due to chest pain/squeeze and dizziness. Maybe the zomig took it's course or maybe it's unrelated. I still can't remember much. I had a bunch of tests done (blood tests, chest x-ray and an EKG) but nothing conclusive other than doctor's orders to take a baby aspirin daily.
It was an all day affair. I was hungry and thirsty. The emergency ward was clogged with people.
 I was refered to a cardialogist for a stress test. This is done by running on a treadmill. I had heals on and the technicians questioned me if I could indeed walk on them. I said I could and I could jog with them if I had to. (As you know, I am used to wearing heals. Wearing flats would have been the problem)
There were some irregulaties noted from this test but nothing dramatic. This was all so similar to what happened to me a few years ago while I was in Texas. It still remains a mystery.
I hated being there and all I could think of was getting home to my birds. I worry about them more than myself. As soon as I got home I got a call from a lady looking to rehome her african grey parrots. I can't imagine giving up these birds but from what she was saying it was health related issue  on her part and wanted to find a good home for them. I was not in a coherent state of mind at the time to make any kind of decision nor was my mind working enough to offer any kind of help. So I just took down her information for the time being.
Never a dull moment, really.


2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a hospital nightmare for us too, V. Cal's first wife died at the Sturdy Memorial in Attleboro of pancreatic cancer. A terrible, miserable, rotten no good day. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I am sorry sorry to hear that news. The poor thing must have been suffering.:-(

      Delete