Sunday, January 18, 2015

migraine season

January is migraine month.
Every morning at 3:00am I wake up with a nausating pain shooting from my head down my neck to middle of my spine. I have to take a zomig to catch it before it escalates. Yesterday, I felt the pain and thought ,maybe, it will go away by itself
Right.
By 5:30am it was too late for the zomig to take affect.
Every neuron was on fire. The pain was blinding and visceral.
 I spent the morning puking my guts out.
The light is like razors to my eyes , sounds are like drills to my ears and every smell is a like a non stop dump truck passing by. I was freezing despite two layers of fleece and woollen socks.
I tried taking a bath to regulate my body temp and to rid myself of my own stink but as I looked down to see the water slooshing in the tub I got instantly 'seasick".Oh God it was gross.
 I still feel shitty today but at least I am upright. And I feel a little bit demented and confused.
My sister sent me this comic today because the first thing she asks me if "I worked out that day" knowing my obsession about morning jogs.
Needless to say I found this comic hilarious.
The only 'exercise' I did that day was to stumble to the toilet and then crawl back to bed and back to the toilet again and  back to bed.
ugh

1 comment:

  1. That sounds terrible, V. I never knew how much you had to go through on a "migraine day." Gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete