Wednesday, March 27, 2013

and yes, I AM the crazy bird lady!

I wrote a post not too long ago about a lost cockatiel that was found by bird watchers in Salisbury. The story was featured on the front page of our  local newspaper. Sadly, no one claimed him or listed that they lost a cockatiel. My cousin informed me that her vet was keeping him safe until the owner claimed him. It was posted on facebook.
To make a long story short, guess where the cockatiel is now?
In my kitchen.
He is a male yellow pied. He's such a beauty BUT oh what a brat!
He's never been finger trained (to perch on your finger). His wings have never been trimmed either from what I can see. I bet he never had a vet visit for a general check up for a routine nail and wing trim.
 He bites and screeches  He has a band on his ankle which makes me think he was a "petco' bird most likely given to some kid for a "gift". I could be wrong, but because no one made any effort to look for him and the fact he bites and vocalizes makes me think he was chucked outside to fend for himself.
He seemed to be settling in with his surroundings and it's only been a few hours.
Monday, I have a vet appointment for a "wellness check-up" with my avian vet to make sure he is OK.
I do think with some effort in making him comfortable he will fit in with my other "misfits".
I call him "Charlie"

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's important to keep your count up and not let departures outnumber the incoming newbees. That way you don't have to buy new furniture to take up the empty space. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked again on craigslist, parrot911 and petfinder to see if any listed a lost cockatiel, Nada

    ReplyDelete