Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Wild Pigeons of Salisbury beach part 88

A big storm brewing.
Mattie hid from me yesterday. She hasn't done that in a long time.
 I had a hard time retrieving her, even with treats.
 Something was up.
 A big storm brewing.
I think she was afraid.
It was hailing, then rain, then sunshine and then ferocious wind with snow.
Weird.
Craow Dum hid under his wooden box.
 Salisbury beach was issued a mandatory evacuation today.
Blurry eyed from a zomig haze I was not really conscience about the storm.  I took a ride down to the beach for my usual morning jog.
The beach road was closed off with water reaching down a fourth of mile past the shore line. The wind was whipping around like mad. The wind hit me in the legs and knocked me over. I was running in place from the gale.
It was not a good day for a jog with debris and wires flying everywhere.
I could see 20 foot waves. Wow!
Needless to say, I couldn't feed the pigeons.
I didn't even see any pigeons-only seagulls.
The trees to the north of my house were spanking the side of the house making quite the cracking sound.
 It's a bit unnerving.
It might be a good idea to hire a tree guy to trim those branches this spring.
It's time to just batten down the hatches and to wait for whatever happens to blow over.

*I just completed the above pigeon Icon painting on a wine box

No comments:

Post a Comment