Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard 2013 part 2

This morning there was a mandatory evacuation of Salisbury beach residents due to the super high tide surges.(see above photo) The National guard had to rescue some beach front residents with a cherry picker. As of 1:30pm the main streets are still not properly plowed.
I was expecting, perhaps, some of my clients calling me to see if I have power. Many people had lost their power.
Thank God we still have our electricity working
I did receive a call from a long time client this morning .
 However,this was a call I did not expect.
Billybob the lovebird died suddenly last night from a seizure. Billybob's owner was so distraught and needed to call me.
Needless to say, I was shocked and sadden.
You get so attached to these pets.
You wrack your brain trying to figure out what could've caused a seizure on what seemed to be a healthy happy bird.
Birds, however, are masters in hiding their illness.
 I feel so bad for his owners. They truly loved this little bird.
I'm really going to miss that cute naughty little Billybob  :-(

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. It's so hard to tell what happens with birds. I had a budgie that was singing away one minute, and then..thud. Gone. I have no idea why. It's sad..you do get really attached.

    ReplyDelete