Thursday, October 11, 2012

Oh No! Another Mattie adventure!

*I found this photo on the internet. It looks just like that naughty little Jack Russell I walk!

The rain had stopped so I was looking forward to a nice long leisurely walk with Mattie.
I waited til she did her first poop before I called my cousin on my cell phone so I could pick the poop up and deposit it in the proper receptacle without a problem.
Famous last words.
No soon as I called my cousin, Mattie squatted down to drop another one. As I struggled to cradle the phone to my ear  to avoid dropping it and, at the same time, pick up the fresh  turd with a bagged hand the little brat  started to pull on her leash. This caused me to drop my phone and for the turd to swing out the bag.
Honestly, I think she does this on purpose.
Once I regained control in order to get the poop bagged up and to finish my conversation with my cousin Mattie started to yank again.
As I was chatting, I looked around to try to figure out what was making her tug so fiercely.
I saw nothing out of the ordinary.
And then, YAAAAANK! She got free of her collar and took off up the street.
I ended my conversation with my cousin with  hurried, "oh shit! I gotta go.Mattie got out of her collar!"
Since my cousin has dogs I knew she would understand my urgency to get off the phone.
As I bolted after her, I slipped in something mushy.
 I just about landed on my fanny.
 Looking down at what could be the slippery mess I realized I had stepped on a dead mouse.
 It's guts exploded all over my pant leg on impact."Oh Shiiiiiiiiit! gaaag! Grooosssssss!"
Mattie turned around and ran back over to me delighting in the "new' smells on my leg now.
She looked up me smiling pleased with the day's adventure wagging her tail as if to say, "sooo where's my treat?"
Oh that Mattie!

2 comments:

  1. She needs one of those chest harnesses so it won't slip off. You need to wear rain gear trousers or gaiters to keep the grossness off your lower legs. And socks in your sandals. That would complete the picture, I think. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I HAD a harness for her. She would wiggle out of that too. She also would growl and nip at me when I put it on her. I was firm regardless but the little booger knew enough to pull back & forth to get out of it! As my kindergarden teacher used to say about me, "oh, She's a "challenge""
    That's Mattie!

    ReplyDelete