Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Wild Pigeons of Salisbury beach part 81

In 2006, Disney films produced an animated film called "Valiant". It's a cute film about the brave messenger pigeons used in WWII. I've seen the movie twice.It's funny and pro-pigeon!
As I type this page,  Craow Dum is sitting on my lap. He is dying to jump up on the key-pad to 'help' me type. Pigeons are very eager to be of service.
Yesterday at the beach boardwalk, my cousin wanted to photograph me holding a local state political front-runners cute little dog to use on their political web-site.The dog was definitely more photogenic than I was. He had a great big smile as if he was used to getting his picture taken. He kind of reminded me of Kelly Ripa with his practiced posed expression.
As we were sitting on the bench, my cousin noticed the pigeons walking over to me and asked in a joking matter, "do you know these guys?" "I said, "matter-of-fact, I know two of them. Those two (white speckled) ones are the Snowflake twins!" I pointed over to above the Christie's pizza sign to where they were born. I told her to listen carefully, that you can hear 'squeakers" (new hatchlings up and behind the protection of the signs) I think she was amazed that I was so observant of the pigeons. She appreciates nature and animals of all kinds as well
The pigeons just had their 'fall season' babies. It's a tough time of year because there aren't as many tourists out dropping french fries and pizza now. When I bring the jar of seed for them in the morning they are like teen-age girls grasping for Justin Beiber concert tickets! I've had pigeons land on my head! They are now feeding for two (or three!) so they are especially hungry.
A lady who owns a cockatoo in Seabrook told me she also feeds the pigeons on her street. She had noticed a "homer" coming around her feeders. I would love to see that homer. I wonder if it was the same one that was visiting the beach in the summer.
You just never know (if it is the same homer) and you just never know who you run into who also admires the pigeons as well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment