Friday, September 28, 2012

purgatory

Tim Burton has nailed it on the head in the movie "Beetlejuice"
The RMV is purgatory.
Purgatory is the RMV.
Hurry up and  f*&^ing wait.
And come back, again, you need.......this and this, and THIS!
The worse part about getting a new car is having to go to the RMV to register it.
Every single time.
 I mean every single friggin' time I never have all the "proper" information" needed" to complete the process.
I always have to come back at least one more time.
It is one big pain-in-the-ass-waste-of-time thing you have to do.
That is, if you do 'the right thing" and play by the rules.
But "they" do not make it easy for you.
It is no wonder I see so many people on the police blotter blog that are pulled over for being unregistered and uninsured. The system makes it horrible for those of us suckers who go by the rules and regulations.
When I  registered my father's truck, I was sent back close to four times for nonsense! One "lady" says you need this and when you go back again and see a different lady they tell you, "oh you don't need that".
It's pure torture.
Have you ever noticed that All the ladies at the registry either look like "Mimi' (from the Drew Carey show) or like Rosanne Barr (with the "personality" to match) screaming "NEEEEEEXT!".
Oh My God.
It is awful.
I picture purgatory as the waiting area in the RMV. You wait and wait, and WAIT. AND then when you are finally called, you have to go out and get something else to complete the process. It's never a one shot deal. Maybe in  my case, I would be issued a 'special purgatory ticket" that would require me to make amends with people I've dissed or maybe I would have to bring a nickle to the drug-store where I stole the bubble-gum when I was six years old.
 Who knows.
You don't know until you reach that counter window.
UGH...

No comments:

Post a Comment