Thursday, May 3, 2012

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 71

I've been laying low and hiding in darken rooms of my house.
 I've been fighting a two week long migraine.
 I feel shitty and kind of depressed running only on  one cylinder.
 Light has been particularly painful lately. I am grateful that it has been rainy and overcast most of the week. With that being said, Craow Dum has been following me upstairs-even into my bedroom looking for me.
I will hear this purring" brr brrr "sound and there he will be. He's climbed up onto my bed and snuggled next to me.
( My other birds-especially Eddie-will snuggle with me too but she gets bored after awhile. Both Eddie and Button will start biting at my mouth or neck  to"groom me".It's annoying because it pinches.I have to make sure I have a blanket covering my neck and mouth to deter their "helpful" grooming endeavors).

(*here is a photo of Craow Dum sitting on my computer key-board waiting for me!)

I am starting to think "he" may be actually a "she". Sure, he/she will "bust-a-move" spinning around protesting something. However, I found if you pet "her" she will arch her tail.
This is not a good thing.
My female cockatiels will do this too. This shows you that they want to mate!
 I've also found Craow Dum in a pile of laundry cooing as if it was a nest. "She" also has kind of a big bum which is common in (all) females. (wink!)
. Males will in contrast, stand upright, spin around and fan out their tail in display.I could've sworn my pigeon is a male but lately, with this nesting behavior, I am thinking "he" is actually a "she". If I find an egg in a corner somewhere then that will confirm my speculations.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I love it! I think so its very useful and knowledge able.
    Pet sitting | Pet sitter

    ReplyDelete