Tuesday, May 22, 2012

corn syrup wars

Cool whip (or the generic "whipped topping") is something I put on fruit.
The stuff taste good but it is made of total shit and it is addicting.
It is addicting because, the second ingredient listed in it is :corn syrup.
Corn syrup is in everything.
There are 20 calories per 2 TBSP.
My long time friend told me, "WTF! Don't eat that shit! It's poison! Buy real whipped cream instead!
As I checked the ingredients in some of the "real" whipped cream containers I found that 99% of the brands still had corn syrup listed in it as well.
So much for "real" whipped cream.
Of all the real whipped creams I checked I found that the brand Reddiwhip did not did not have corn syrup listed.. The first ingredient listed is milk, the second ingredient is cream. No corn syrup. The best part is that it is 5 calories per 2 TBSP. I'm sold.
I have this surrealist imagination. On a previous past posting I suggested that the government is trying to secretly fatten us up like pigs because pigs eat corn. They will then feed us to alien invaders as a bargaining chip.
I found that not only corn syrup is infused in everything but also some kind of shit called "modified corn starch". I picked up a bag of baked potato chips and read the label to check for calories. Guess what was listed in a simple bag of POTATO chips? Yup, corn oil and corn starch.
Corn corn and more CORN! What is with all this corn?!?!.
My poor little feather picking cockatiel "Button" can't eat corn. She picks more than ever when she eats bird food with corn products. There must be some kind of enzyme in corn products is inflammatory to her already itchy feather shafts.I have to buy her a specialty pelleted food just made of rice.
Is she the proverbial "canary in the mine shaft" as far as what corn is doing to us?
I watched a silly TV show called "Supernatural" last friday night. I had to laugh because the theme on this particular episode involved some secret corporation/government plot infusing every product with corn syrup. The corporate big wigs were in fact some sort of demon lamprey-like creatures with nasty fangs with the sole intent of fattening up and numbing the general population for their food supply
It was kind of funny (in a sick sort of way) seeing some stupefied bloppy guy sitting there with vacant eyes sipping away on a sugary "Big Gulp" soft drink unaware that he will be some monster's meal..
I thought to myself,"oh my God! Are these "Supernatural" writers sick bastards or are they on to something that I have been surmising about all along?"
Hmmmm....
Step away from the corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment