Thursday, February 16, 2012

New years resolutions..sticking with it..


I've been pretty good about using the trampoline.
I use it about five times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time. This was one of those 'investments" that was so worth it AND I use it religiously. It is low impact and makes no noise. I think it helps with this fibromyglia business (or shingles virus) because it helps stretch (and firm) the muscles and relax the nerves. I generally feel better afterwards . I jog and stretch my arms while on it.
I am hoping it will firm up my butt (see photo above)
I only take the ovega (vegan omega-3) pill once a week. Mostly because I either forget to take it or some days I feel kind of nauseous so I avoid taking it. Hey, once a week , I think, is better than nothing at all.
I (kind of) vowed not to buy any more shoes this year although I did buy one tiny little pair of ankle boots on a SUPER CLEARANCE to save for a 'just in case I need them for a snowy crappy day".
I think I am doing pretty good other than that.
As far as trying not to be a shit-head I think I've been pretty good about holding my tongue. It's a real effort but I think I'm doing OK.
One thing that really annoys the crap out of me is when you go out with people and someone will comment on what you eat. Seriously, do you really need a "food sheriff"(?) to make comments like, "wow..you eat alot!" "you know , that has a lot of calories" "I'm surprised you don't have a big fat ass by how much (fill in the blank) you eat !"
I just smile, grit my teeth and carry on.
I think I am (still) doing alright. I still haven't had a cookie or a donut or a muffin for almost two years.
Well that is it for now, I gotta go walk Mattie.

3 comments:

  1. Please post a picture, catalog number, and vendor for the trampoline, V. I think I might try it myself. Thanks and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine at Walmart for $29.98 (they sell similar ones at Kmart too!)
    I checked the label on the trampoline:
    stamina products, inc.
    model#35-1629GGs
    1 800-375-7520
    www.staminaproducts.com
    Start off just marching swinging your arms while watching the news.
    This is waaaaay better than a noisy bulky electronic treadmill. You can easily slip off a treadmill and get hurt plus they cause shin-splints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, V! I used to have one of those when I lived in Boston. I loved it, until I moved into my condo...ceilings were a little too low to use it without worrying. I have room out here, though!

    ReplyDelete