Friday, December 23, 2011

Xmas guests



According to THIS year's BirdTalk survey (2011) : "do you buy your bird a holiday gift?"

76.75% yes

18.24% no

5.01% don't celebrate holidays


People love their birds! How spoiled is that?


As of now, I have a full house of "birdy customers" since their owners are visiting relatives over the holiday season.

My husband has been "a shining star". He has been helping me take care of the birds since I've been sick. It appears that the shingles virus on top of the migraines has been paying me a unwanted visit. I feel like somebody has kicked the shit out of me and chucked me down the stairs.

Seriously, the pain has been unbelievable to the point that it is debilitating. Neurotin and those types of meds to curb nerve pain is pure junk. I just have to wait it out just like waiting it out for a nasty storm to pass.

The birds are great company. They crack me up.

Eddie (my favorite little brown cockatiel) loves to snuggle up to me-even though she can be a little nippy and demanding of my attention!

I was worried about Patches. He was screaming bloody murder all day yesterday. When I entered the room he stopped. I think he just wants attention. Once I talked to him calmly and kissed his head quieted down. He doesn't like to go in the living room so I have to stay in the bird room to appease him.

I think the birds know when I feel like crap. Some of them will snuggle up to me where as some of the other ones will amp it up and act like demanding brats.

Louie (princess of Wales parakeet) was twirling his head as if to tell me he wanted more seeds. I checked the bowl and he had a full bowl full of them. He then went down picked up poop with his beak and chucked it me. Maybe he was telling me that he wanted his cage cleaned NOW! What a BRAT!

The birds will all scream when they hear a car pull up in the driveway. They let me know when I have "Visitors". No doorbell needed.

Craow Dum the pigeon seems to be the most accomodating when I am feeling crappy. He will plop himself right on my lap as if to say, "stay here. Don't move. Just relax".

After visiting family on Christmas, which is fun, it is also nice to just crash with my birdy buddies after all the festivities.

Everything right now is in slow motion and that is how it is with me right now.

2 comments:

  1. Shingles, oh no-o-o-o! Fred had that on his leg. It was horrible. I hope your session is short-lived. Gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the shingles last April.It appears that I am now dealing with the neuropathic flare ups.
    I guess this is "normal" to have these flare-ups.

    ReplyDelete