Wednesday, December 7, 2011

the wild pigeons of Salisbury beach part 48



There is a completely different group of pigeons on the beach now. I don't recognize any of these new pigeons. I've been watching a new group up in Seabrook that roost near where Mattie the Jack Russell lives but I haven't identified any of them yet. I haven't seen any of Craow Dum's visitors on the back deck either. I continue to feed any and all of the newcomers on the beach still just about every day.



Craow Dum (my pigeon) seems to be doing OK. His beak is still splintering off bit by bit but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. The main thing is so long as he can eat.I think he likes his "quilt" because in the morning it is completely covered with poop. And because he is such a messy bird, he has a bath just about every other day.He's a funny little guy. He does his "bust-a-move' bit whenever my husband sits next to me on the couch.



A girl from my cockatiel chat group informed me about a sanctuary in New York that , yes! it rescues pigeons! I might take a ride out there to visit it some time in the summer.






2 comments: