Tuesday, December 20, 2011

random acts...



After reading the newspaper, there are some days I just want to crawl in a hole to excape all the nasty people. You constainly read about kids getting abducted.There are multiple scams going on pretending to be legit charities. Locally, banks and just people going shopping in stores are getting robbed. There have been brazen daytime home invasions too. Some people are robbed and some people are killed just for the 'fun' of it.
It's so sick.
People blame the "economy".
Puuuleaze.... it is purely because of selfish horrible evil people.
There are seriously way too many a$$holes in the world.
But every once in awhile.....
you hear of some people committing random acts of kindness.
Yes, there is a tiny light in the tunnel of darkness.
Just simple little acts.
I've seen people buy coffee for the Salvation Army bell ringers who stand out in the cold with their donation bucket.
Local folks here run toy drop off drives for kids who may not get any toys for Xmas.
I just read in the local paper there have been "secret santas' paying for strangers Xmas layaways at Kmart in Newburyport. (Despite what you hear about Newburyport being a 'rich town" there are a lots of people in Newburyport who are barely making ends met)
I try to do my part as well. I give to my favorite charitable organizations-MSPCA, Oasis foundation, ECHO, Pettingil (and local food and toy drives)
Just do one just one little act of kindness....

2 comments:

  1. I think you're on the right track, V. The random acts of kindness include paying for the person behind you in line at the Tobin Bridge. We received that RAC a few years ago. Now I'm going to think up one of my own, thanks to your prompting. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris! ;-)
    Every so often I catch myself being a jerk. Yesterday, I saw a woman who had her SUV parked hogging an entire parking area and aisle at my hair salon. I gave her a dirty look. It turned out her vehicle died and she was stranded. I was kind of being a jerk since I just assumed she was just being a hog.
    My hair stylist, who is a kind hearted soul, went out to offer the SUV lady a cup of coffee and something to eat since it was cold out.

    ReplyDelete