Tuesday, December 27, 2011

another New Year already?



For some reason this year really, really, zipped by.



I'm starting to at least think about New Year's resolutions.



So far, the one resolution that I was able to keep this year was staying away from donuts and junk food.



As far as trying not to swear -that one is impossible to keep.



I still run everyday and workout in cell block #9. I was hoping to join a kick boxing class and found that the only classes available were at night.



Maybe this year, I'll find classes during the day. I had signed up for four different art classes this year and three of them were cancelled. I can't say I didn't try to pursue self improvement. I just had some road blocks. I also battled some serious mystery illnesses that left me in the hospital a couple times this year.



I am trying to just mellow out and to be calmer. I have way too many days that I have major fights in my head. I've got to stop that. In the long run it doesn't matter . I can't change how people feel and treat me. I can only change how I react to those people.



I am hoping that we will have a mild winter. Last year was a killer and it basically crushed my dog walking business. (Yes, last winter snow/ice/blizzards/freezing relentless rain crippled me more than one way.ugh....) I now am re-focusing on bird care. I am getting a few more bird customers. This is working out so much better with my life-style.


One of my pet birds (Smitty)passed away this year and at the same time, we added a new bird, a baby pigeon, to the flock. I learned quite a bit about pigeons and how different they are than parrots.

Speaking of parrots, I made it down to Bonaire this year to see and write about the "wild parrots of Bonaire" (I am just waiting and hoping my article gets published!)



I am trying to work on just being patient and shutting my mouth when it come to my parents. They have a lot on their plate right now especially with my father with his Parkingson disease and my mother having to deal with him. Instead of opening my mouth making what I think are great suggestions I have to keep my mouth shut and just listen.



Instead of criticizing people and finding fault with stupid shit I will focus on the good things and give compliments. It doesn't cost anything, so why not?



I will focus on the things that I am thankful for and to not lose sight of that because it could be over in a split second.



Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment