Thursday, May 26, 2011

A day at the beach




Today was a very good day.




I felt "normal" and 'clear headed" today.




No migraines today. I can not begin to tell you how you appreciate days like this.




The sun was shining and there was a nice gentle wind blowing out from the SE.




I had an easy day work-wise so I decided to take advantage of my free time since this Memorial day weekend I am scheduled chock-o-block full of customers.




I took a ride out to the beach.




I packed up a few snacks, water, my beach chair and a book. The warm sand felt so nice on my feet. I could smell a cook-out wafting over from the camp-ground.




That's another thing I love about the summer is the food.




I thought about what I would bring if I was having a picnic in a park.




I would take a thermos of hot tea with china tea cups. I would have a basket packed with scones and jam, water-cress sandwiches and fresh fruit.




Gernerally, when I go to the beach for the day I would pack peanut butter and fluff sandwiches, baked chips, and watermelon. Do you ever notice how delicious peanut butter and fluff sandwiches taste at the beach? Perhaps a do stop-over at dairy queen for a soft serve with a butterscotch dip for my ride home.




B-B-Q's are the best. Fenway franks, maple beans, grilled corn on the cob, watermelon, home-made potatoe salad, or macaroni salad.




At the public beach there are all different kinds of pizza, fried dough, french fries, soft serve ice cream and salt water taffy.




It is just bloody wonderful!




* the photo above I took sitting out by the Salisbury jetty overlooking Plum Island

No comments:

Post a Comment